Choosing the right wedding makeup artist for your wedding day is an important part of the planning process. As a bride, you want to feel special, and getting your makeup done is a big part of that. Hiring a professional makeup artist will make sure you look amazing in those photos that you will surely want to revisit again and again.
How to choose the right wedding makeup artist for you
1. Start by thinking about how you want to look on your big day. Do you want a super glam look, or something natural? Wedding blogs, Instagram, and Pinterest can be good sources of inspiration for different bridal makeup styles. Knowing what you want to achieve is really important before choosing the best person for the job, as many wedding makeup artists have different styles.
2. Search on Google, Facebook, and Instagram for bridal makeup artists. Make sure you add your location or where you’ll be getting ready in your search. It’s worth keeping in mind that, with social media being so popular for makeup, not all makeup artists have their own website or one that is updated regularly. It’s easier to see how recent any images are on social media, as the posts will be dated.
3. Check out their work. Go through the wedding makeup artists’ pictures on their social media handles. If all of their photos are on models, taken in a studio-type setting with professional lighting, ask to see pictures of previous clients.
4. There’s a whole range of budgets when it comes to wedding makeup. Make sure that the quote you are getting includes things like travel costs i.e. if they have to travel down to meet you or additional artists if you have a big bridal party – so that you get no surprise charges further down the line.
You also need to answer some questions like are you paying for your bridal squad to have their makeup done, or are they paying? Does the makeup artist offer hairstyling too? If so, sometimes it can be more cost-effective to book hair and makeup together. These tips can help you decide on the budget you are comfortable with.
5. Having a makeup trial before your wedding day is extremely important, and should not be skipped. You can book a trial for a day when you’d like to look extra nice, like during your bridal shower. Even if you have an idea of what you want to look like, you may discover that things are a little different once that makeup is on your face.
This is everything you need to know when you start searching for a wedding makeup artist for your wedding day.
Want to try on some gorgeous wedding dresses to compliment your glowing complexion on your wedding day? Head over to our website!
If you need help, click here to chat with us directly on WhatsApp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.