Congratulations!!! He has proposed. You just got a rush of emotions about the kind of look you’ll like to have on your wedding day. It is a normal experience for every bride to be especially because a wedding gown creates memories that will last a lifetime. In order to feel and look perfect in pictures and on the wedding day, it’s important you say yes to your dream wedding dress.
You should know that your bridal journey to finding a wedding dress is unique and you should enjoy every step of the process. When thinking about shopping for your wedding gown, you should think about the following:
Tips on Wedding Gown Shopping
· Do your homework: Look up wedding dresses online! Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, websites, check bridal magazines just to have an idea of the style that gets your attention. Call or message the bridal showrooms to get an idea of wedding gown prices and available styles.
· Set a Budget: This is probably the most important point on the list but still causes the most drama (smile). You really have to be honest with yourself, your family and fiancé and know how much you will be able to spend on a wedding dress before you book an appointment for fitting.
· Give yourself enough time: Don’t put your wedding dress shopping on a last minute shopping mark. Avoid putting pressure on yourself, also have an open mind towards getting a perfect dress for your wedding.
· Reduce the crowd: An entourage is unnecessary while shopping, just go with someone you truly respect and value their opinion.
· Get a wedding dress that fits your body now: Don’t assume that you will be slimmer or fatter before your wedding day; it can be heartbreaking and disastrous if you don’t get the body goal by then. If your wedding gown has an adjustable corset, it can accommodate any changes in body size.
· You can come with a pair of heels if you know the shoe height you will love to slay in on your wedding day; that way you will be sure of how the wedding dress length will look
· Don’t wear heavy makeup when you go for wedding gowns fitting. You may stain the wedding gowns when wearing or pulling off.
· Avoid distractions like chatting or calling over the phone while shopping for a wedding dress at the bridal showroom. You need a lot of attention.
· Wear comfortable and easy to wear dresses when you’re going for your wedding gown fitting. Although changing rooms are always available at a bridal showrooms, you need to think of a way to reduce the stress of try-ons (lol).
Always remember that the wedding dress is what really makes a bride feel amazing on her big day.
Here are a few tips on your body shape and the style of wedding gown to go for:
Narrow shoulders, bigger hips: An A shaped wedding dress or a V neck line
Busty: you should go for a strapless dress or a scooped neckline which has a lower front neck.
Plus sized and Broad shoulders: A dress that the waist line starts from under the burst and flows into a gradual floor length.
Keep in mind that all body shapes and sizes can either go for a mermaid or a ball wedding, it all depends on the size of the middle waist.
One major rule in the whole wedding gown shopping process is to enjoy yourself as a bride to be. Ensure that you relax and have fun. After all, it’s your wedding day.
Here at Hadassah bridals, we have options for rental and sales of beautiful wedding gowns. We also have different bridal accessories and fashion items to make your shopping experience stress free. We bring affordability at your fingertips. You can clickhere to visit our website or here to chat with us directly on Whatsapp. Our hotline is 09024227256. You can also walk in to our store in Gbagada, Lagos: 8, Ajayi Aina street, by Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.