No matter how many weddings you’ve attended before there are some things they don’t tell you about your big day. These things happen but you may not know because people don’t talk about them but have you experience your self.
5 Scary Things They Don’t Tell You About The Big Day.
- You May Be Scared and Nervous: Panic attacks are also very common and also one of those things they don’t tell you about the big day. Everyone wants everything picture-perfect to the T, the fun and the enjoyment of the celebration ends up becoming zero, and the celebration ends up becoming nothing more than an event that you’ve put your heart and soul into. You know that feeling when you’ve got butterflies and when you feel like you’re going to be sick? Yeah, you may feel that way. Be sure that you’ve eaten something and had some water. You don’t want to be at the altar and pass out from dehydration. Just know that it is ok to be nervous and scared. This is a big step.
- You May Cry: Okay, this one might not be such a secret. all we can say is that you may find yourself shedding a tear. And since you already know the waterworks may be coming, the best thing to do is just be prepared. Store some tissues nearby, and if you’re a bride, make sure to wear waterproof makeup (or even get eyelash extensions) and keep some mascara and lipstick readily available for quick touch-ups.
- You Might Not Remember Every Moment Perfectly: Another one of those things they don’t tell you about the big day is that it will fly by. When it comes down to it, there is so much packed into that day, it all becomes a blur and blends together.
- You Will Never Be Fully Prepared: Wedding planners do take care of a lot of the logistics (wrong plans by wrong planners are also something to watch out for) but even then with the people involved and social choices and limitations of each person, it becomes more of a drama genre rather a romantic one. Make sure that if you hire a wedding planner that you have all the kinks worked out for the big day and have a point of contact that isn’t you. You’ve prepared for months… maybe even close to a year, don’t be surprised if in that time you’ve forgotten something or maybe over-thought on something.
- Your Honeymoon Will Be The Best Week Of Your Life: No more wedding planning, no more talking to relatives you hardly know, no more writing large checks to vendors. Now it’s just you and your new husband.
Read our blog post on our to plan a budget friendly wedding here.
That’s it from us on 5 Things They Don’t Tell You About The Big Day.
We are your go to the bridal shop in Lagos for wedding gowns for your different body types.
Get different wedding gowns in all sizes and designs here.
Click here to chat with us directly on Whatsapp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.