We thought it would be helpful to create a little checklist of Things To Do The Week Of Your Wedding to ensure things are not left to the last minute or even worse, forgotten about. After all the hard work planning your wedding, you are now in the the final countdown to the big day! With one week to go.
Here’s the low-down on everything you need to do the week of your wedding
- Call to confirm all the details with your suppliers such as timings and locations. If you have a planner or coordinator on the day, provide them with the necessary contact info because you’ll be too busy getting all dolled up to give directions.
- 2. Check in with your bridal party to make sure that they have all their suits and dresses, shoes and accessories from their shirts, ties, socks and cufflinks to bridesmaids jewelry, bags, cover-ups etc.
- 3. Ensure the cake is on track to be delivered to reception venue.
- 4. Pack an emergency kit with wedding day essentials such as glue for false eyelashes, spray deodorant, pins of every kind, bandages, a hairbrush, clear nail polish, Water Wipes, a sewing kit etc.
- 5. If you’re having extra beauty treatments, such as manicures and pedicures, it’s best to get them done during the week of the wedding.
- 6. It’s important that couples start writing down their thoughts on the wedding vows in the last week of their writing sessions. This is when their emotions will be at their peak.
- 7. After choosing your outfit, getting it altered, and enjoying it for so long, it’s time to get it ready for the wedding. This is when the excitement of the wedding really kicks in.
- 8. One of the most important tasks you should be done with on the week of your wedding is ensuring all of your vendors are paid. Be sure to review your vendor contracts well in advance of your wedding date so you’re aware of each vendor’s payment plan final payments are usually due in the month leading up to the big day. And don’t forget about tips and gratuities.
- 9. If you are going on honeymoon soon after the wedding? On the week of your wedding, make last minute shopping for your travel needs and pack them away. Place your passport, travel documents and currency somewhere together safely.
- 10. Finally, on the week of your wedding, you should rest. While it’s natural to feel like you have a lot on your plate, don’t forget to chill out and treat yourself. You’ve been busy planning your wedding for months (maybe years) and have earned a well-deserved break. Take a deep breath and remember that everything will be just fine.
Read more : Things they don’t tell you about your big day
Get different wedding gowns in all sizes and designs here.
Click here to chat with us directly on WhatsApp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.